To return a Chromebox to its original (factory) state, follow these steps:
- Turn off the Chromebox.
- Put a paperclip (or pushpin) into the recovery button hole. Here is where they are on an AOPEN Chromebox:
- Press down the recovery button with a paperclip while turning on the device.
- Press Ctrl + D.
- Press the recovery button with the paperclip again. The device reboots and displays a red exclamation point.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebox reboots and starts the transition to developer mode. This clears all local data and takes approximately 10 minutes.
If Forced re-enrollment is enabled for the device, you’ll see a note that developer mode is blocked. This shortens the wipe process, and still allows for re-enrollment when the device automatically reboots into verified mode.
- At the startup screen, press the spacebar, and then press Enter to reboot the device and return to verified mode.
- If you’re using a managed Chromebox for your school or business, follow these steps to enrol the device.